Guidelines for Using Infobank Trademarks and Copyrights
These guidelines are for INFOBANK licensees, developers, customers, and other parties wishing to use INFOBANK’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of INFOBANK trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized. If you are a licensee of an INFOBANK trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. INFOBANK’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using an INFOBANK trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that INFOBANK is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with INFOBANK’s rights in the trademark, including challenging INFOBANK’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any INFOBANK trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of an INFOBANK trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to INFOBANK. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
Authorized Use of INFOBANK Trademarks
1. Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only INFOBANK and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the INFOBANK Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials.
2. Compatibility: Developers may use INFOBANK, or any other INFOBANK word mark (but not the INFOBANK Logo or other INFOBANK-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on packaging or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced INFOBANK product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements. The INFOBANK word mark is not part of the product name. The INFOBANK word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “for use with,” “for,” or “compatible with.” The INFOBANK word mark appears less prominent than the product name. The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced INFOBANK product. The reference to INFOBANK does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with INFOBANK or INFOBANK products or services. The use does not show INFOBANK or its products in a false or derogatory light.
3. Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use an INFOBANK word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements: The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Infobank Users The use reflects favorably on both INFOBANK and INFOBANK products, service or technology. Your name and logo appear more prominent than the INFOBANK word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference. The INFOBANK logo or any other INFOBANK-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from INFOBANK. A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by INFOBANK, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by INFOBANK Inc.” A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of INFOBANK’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
4. Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning an INFOBANK product or technology or service may use the appropriate INFOBANK word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
5. INFOBANK Licensing Program:
Unauthorized Use of INFOBANK Trademarks
1. Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, INFOBANK, or any other INFOBANK trademark, including INFOBANK-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
2. INFOBANK Logo and INFOBANK-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the INFOBANK Logo or any other INFOBANK-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from INFOBANK, such as a reseller agreement.
3. Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image an INFOBANK or other variation of the INFOBANK logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of an INFOBANK trademark for any purpose. For example: Not acceptable INFOBANKtree, INFOBANK Cart,
4. Disparaging Manner: You may not use an INFOBANK trademark or any other INFOBANK-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
5. Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use INFOBANK, or any other INFOBANK trademark, including INFOBANK-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply INFOBANK’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
6. Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing INFOBANK, or any other INFOBANK trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from INFOBANK.
7. INFOBANK’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive INFOBANK packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
8. Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate an INFOBANK slogan or tagline. For example: “Ubank Ushare”, “Anydigit Anywhere Anylanguage Anydevice Anytime”
9. Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical INFOBANK trademark as a second level domain name. Not acceptable: “Ainfobank.com” “GreeceINFOBANK.com” “usersINFOBANK.com”
Rules for Proper Use of INFOBANK Trademarks
1. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
2. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
3. Correct: I signed on to the Infobank computer network
4. Not Correct: I signed on to Infobank
5. An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in a printed piece, and as often as is reasonable after that. Suggested generic terms are provided in the INFOBANK trademark list which is posted on the INFOBANK web site.
6. Always spell and capitalize INFOBANK’s trademarks exactly as they are shown in the INFOBANK Trademark List. Do not shorten or abbreviate INFOBANK product names. Do not make up names that contain INFOBANK trademarks.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
Distribution Within the United States Only
1. a. On product, product documentation, or other product communications that will be distributed only in the United States, use the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®) the first time the INFOBANK trademark appears in the text of the advertisement, brochure, or other material.
2. Refer to the INFOBANK trademark list for the correct trademark symbol, spelling of the trademark, and generic term to use with the trademark. Generally, the symbol appears at the right shoulder of the trademark (except the INFOBANK Logo, where the logo appears at the right foot).
3. Include an attribution of INFOBANK’s ownership of its trademarks within the credit notice section of your product, product documentation, or other product communication.
Following are the correct formats:
_________ and _______ are registered trademarks of INFOBANK
_________ is a trademark of INFOBANK
_________ is a trademark of William Norris , registered in the U.S. and other countries
Depictions of INFOBANK Products
1. Endorsement or Sponsorship: INFOBANK does not support the use of its logos, company names, product names, or images of INFOBANK products by other parties in marketing, promotional or advertising materials as their use may create the perception that INFOBANK endorses or sponsors the product, service or promotion.
2. Compatibility: If you are a developer, you may show an image of an INFOBANK service or product in your promotional/advertising materials to depict that your product or service is compatible with, or otherwise works with, the INFOBANK product or technology, provided you comply with the following requirements:
For further information with respect to INFOBANK’s copyrights, send a letter to: